Recipe - 1992 2nd Place Pecan TassiesCategories: Cookies, Holiday, 1992 2nd Place Pecan Tassies
One half cup Butter, softened
3 ounce Cream cheese, softened
1 cup Unsifted allpurpose flour
Three fourths cup Packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Butter, melted
Three fourths cup Chopped pecans
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready 2 miniature muffin tins with cups
that measure about 2 inches across and 7/8 inch deep.
2. For crust, beat butter with cream cheese until smooth. Add flour and
mix until a dough forms. Divide into 24 balls. With your fingers, press
each ball into an ungreased muffin cup, taking care to make a smooth, even
layer over the bottom and up the sides.
3. For filling, whisk egg in a medium bowl. Add sugar, butter and salt and
4. Spoon about One half teaspoon chopped pecans into each crust. Add filling so
it comes almost to the top of the cups, making sure it doesn't spill over.
Sprinkle remaining pecans over the top.
5. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 250 degrees and continue to bake until
crust is light brown at the edges, 10 minutes. Cool. When muffin tin is
cool enough to handle, loosen cups from the sides of the tin and carefully
transfer to a wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
This second place winner is by Frances Marcinkiewicz of Countryside,
Illinois. from the Chicago Tribune fifth annual Food Guide Holiday Cookie
Contest December 3, 1992
Posted to MMRecipes Digest V3 #339
From: Linda Place firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:24:27 +0000
1992 2nd Place Pecan Tassies recipe makes 48 Servings