Recipe - Candy Bar Hot ChocolateCategories: Beverages, Candy Bar Hot Chocolate
Dottie Cross TMPJ72B
2 Egg yolks
2 ounce Milk chocolate candy bar*
1 cup Milk
1. Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl, and set them aside.
2. Coarsely chop the chocolate, and place it in a 2cup microwavesafe
glass measuring cup with a spout. Add the milk.
3. Place the measuring cup, uncovered, in the microwave. Whisking once or
twice, cook at mediumhigh power (70%) until the chocolate is melted and
well blended, 2One half to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the cup from the microwave and slowly pour the chocolate into the
reserved egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return the mixture to the
measuring cup and cook in the microwave until heated through, 1 minute.
5. Pour into mugs and serve. *with fine nuts (such as Toblerone)
From: Dottie Cross
Per serving: 134 Calories; 9g Fat (62% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 6g
Carbohydrate; 229mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium
From The Chocolate Archives, Dec 1997, http://www.choco.com
Candy Bar Hot Chocolate recipe makes 8 Servings