Recipe - Fideo AnchoCategories: Digest, Oct., Fatfree, Fideo Ancho
4 Ancho chiles; seeded
2 One half cup Chicken stock
2 Whole cloves
1 Clove garlic; coarsely
1/8 teaspoon Cumin seeds
One fourth cup Vegetable oil
4 ounce Fideo / angel hair pasta
Queso Anejo; avocado,
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:31:21 0500
From: "Mario A. Subia" email@example.com
Saw this recipe in Food and Wine by Dianna Kennedy... If you dont have
access to El Pato you can learn to appreciate this dish by giving this a
1. Cover chiles with water and simmer for five minutes, let soak until
2. Pour One fourth cup of the chicken stock into the blender, add the cloves,
garlic, and cumin seeds and blend until smooth. season with salt. Add one
more cup of the stock and the drained chiles blending till smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the pasta and fry tossing
until it reaches a golden brown color.
4. Add blended ingredients to pasta and fry a few minutes(3) longer
scraping pan to prevent sticking. 5.Reduce heat to low and cook till pasta
is al dente. 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Place in bowls and serve with avocado, cheese, and sprinkled lime juice.
CHILEHEADS DIGEST V2 #265
From the ChileHeads recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe
Fideo Ancho recipe makes 4 Servings