Recipe - Grandmas Best Plum CakeCategories: Cakes, Grandmas Best Plum Cake
1 cup Allpurpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
One half cup Butter softened
Three fourths cup Granulated sugar
1 One half teaspoon Lemon zest grated
2 lg Eggs
15 Purple plums halved &
1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon Granulated sugar
One half teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Beat together butter, sugar, and lemon zest at medium speed until light
and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. At low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Spoon batter into
prepared pan, spreading evenly.
5. Arrange plum halves, skinsides up, on top of batter. Sprinkle with
6. To prepare topping, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top
7. Bake cake until golden brown, 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack to
Recipe By : Great American Home Baking
From: Jean@mcc2.Sws.Uiuc.Edu (Jean Denndate: 16 Apr 1996 21:37:58 Gmt
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini
Grandmas Best Plum Cake recipe makes 8 Servings