Recipe - Sugar EggsCategories: Candies, Sugar Eggs
pack Granulated sugar
1. Mix a little water with the granulated sugar to make it wet enough
to pack. Scoop the wet sugar into each half of plastic egg mold.
2. Stiffly turn filled egg mold upsidedown on several layers on paper
towel and remove egg mold.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out a half circle from one side of each sugar
egg, making sure that when the two sides are put together, the
scooped out sections will match. If you want your sugar egg to stand
you will want to cut away the bottom end of the sugar egg. Let dry
overnight or until surface of sugar eggs are hard.
4. When outer side of sugar eggs are hard, turn and scoop out inside
leaving the shell to measure about 1/4" in thickness.
5. Seam together the two egg halves using cake icing. Decorate around
seam and around hole opening to conceal rough edges. Finish
decorating sugar eggs and fill with your favorite candies.
* Color water with food coloring before mixing with sugar.
* Use cake decorating confections for decorating.
* Soak shredded coconut in green food coloring for grass.
From Tuscon area newspapers, 1994, 3rd quarter, courtest Mike Orchekowski.
Sugar Eggs recipe makes 1 Servings